My hubby is currently obsessed with eggs. Scrambled, poached, hard-boiled, over easy, you name it, he likes it. He had kinda turned into a workout fanatic so he needs his protein. (On a side note, I am super proud of him. He has lost almost 40lbs since Christmas and is more fit than I have ever seen him. Good job honey. OK, back to business.) Eggs. Yes. He loves them. So I saw a little recipe on Pinterest that I thought I would give a try to see what he thought. :) I got the idea from this post http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html.
I pretty much followed right along her directions. I will make a couple modifications in the future but for the most part it was perfect just as she said.
Ingredients:
Eggs- Her recipe called for 12 eggs if using silicone muffin tins but I will only use 9 in the future. I had plenty of eggs leftover after filling the 12 compartments.
Toppings- I chose ham, cheese and green onions. You can choose whatever you would like.
The original blog posted they they used some seasoning in the egg mixture but I didn't have any so I didn't use it. I did add a bit of salt and pepper but not much.
By the way, I found my silicone muffin tins at a garage sale for a quarter each. Score!
It really cannot get much more simple from here.
- pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- spray your muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray
- put your toppings in the bottom of the tin
- beat the eggs- I simply did this with a whisk
- pour the mixture over the toppings - only fill about 3/4 full so they don't spill over
- put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes
- loosen with a fork, pop them out and voila...you are done.
See, I told you this was easy.
The original post said they these will last for about a week in the refrigerator. She did freeze them but she liked the taste better with them not frozen. Since I just did these today I cannot shed any light on this. I just wanted to share her thoughts in case you were wondering.
When Bryce got home from work I told him about the eggs and he, of course, wanted to try one. Lucky for me he loved them! Maybe he will start eating these for breakfast everyday instead of making them. I am sure you are wondering why this would make me so happy. It does for this reason, i will not longer spend my mornings scrubbing that nasty pan that eggs were cooked in. Ulterior motives maybe. :)
As I sit here and write this it is 10:45PM. I just heard Bryce walk into the kitchen, open the refrigerator and say "These little things might be dangerous." Followed by the hum of the microwave.
Victory!
Pin It


I know your blog is new but I love it and your way of writing. You must have an amazing sister. (Irrelevant, I know, but I thought it needed to be said.)
ReplyDeleteI made these every week when I first started Paleo and love them! Then I had the great idea to beat the egg whites separately to make the end product fluffier. That, my friend, was a real stupid idea. They were so full of air that it was like eating cardboard with a bit of broccoli and bacon mixed in. nast-tay.
ReplyDeletecongrats on the new blog. it's lovely and I'll be adding it to my reader :).