Friday, July 20, 2012

For our trip to Colorado I wanted to do something really special for Ruby. Thirteen hours in a car is a long time so I wanted to give her something to look forward to. So for the last few weeks I have been picking up some randoms things for her when I came across a good deal. I came up with this loot.


I didn't spend more than $10 on all of it, including the LeapPad with Princess and Dora games. (I love garage sales).

This one was my favorite. Ruby loves to "chalk" so I took a cardboard box and some chalkboard paint that I already had and voila...she can chalk in the car. (In case I forget, remind me to tell you a story about this favorite gift of mine.)



Next I took some wrapping paper and wrapped them all up. What kid doesn't love to open presents? Right?



She had this sitting next to her and got to open one every so often along the way. I love it.

Remember that favorite present I told you about? Well, I told Bryce about it a few days before because I was excited about it and I knew Ruby would be too. On their trip I called to find out how they were doing. I asked Bryce what present she opened first and I he told me it was the chalk. I asked if she loved it and he said, "she hasn't used it yet because we haven't stopped yet." "What do you mean you haven't stopped? It came with a chalkboard." All of the sudden there was a dead silence followed by an "oops," He "forgot" what I had told him a day earlier and thought that i just wrapped it funny. So he threw the box away at Starbucks on their way out. Oh...that man is so lucky that I love him.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment